Who We are?
We are the Samale Institute. Our organization is named for Samale, the legendary father of the Somali people. Like Samale, the organization is at the center of a very fertile and growing movement that believes in the power of our people to collectively build a more sustainable future for Somali people. Samale Institute positions young Somali people front and center to solve Somalia’s most pressing challenges which include high rates of unemployment, poor healthcare system, lack of inclusive and quality of education .
Co-founded in 2020 by a group of young Somali Professionals, Samale Institute aims to create a common agenda for young people in Somalia to connect, empower, inspire and invest in them so that they can accelerate the accomplishment of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through leadership, social innovation, and entrepreneurship. Samale Institute is in a mission to promote and empower young people in Somalia because young people in Somalia represent 70% of the whole population of the country. We aim to end poverty in Somalia, eliminate inequality, fight against youth unemployment, promote life skills and create better future for everyone in Somalia.
Through our actions and activities, guided by our core values and the principles of the the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, We aim to end poverty in Somalia, eliminate inequality, fight against youth unemployment, promote life skills and create better future for everyone in Somalia. We also promote inclusive development, with a special focus on the full and effective enjoyment of human rights by all persons with disabilities living in economically poor families.
Our main objectives include but not limited to:
- Mainstreaming Sustainability in our local community.
- Advocate the local implementation of the 2030 agenda of the sustainable development goals (SDGs).
- Engage the primary and secondary students as well as university level students and the whole community with the 2030 agenda of SDGs.
- Promote sustainability elements of social inclusion, shared economy, and environmental sustainability.
- Prioritize the following SDGs as our related ones; SDG3, SDG4, SDG5, SDG8, SDG11, SDG13 and SDG17